Apex Learning recommends:
- A display resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- A color depth of at least 16 bits (highcolor)
Adjust Device Settings
All operating systems include several accessibility settings that can help you optimize your viewing experience. Listed below are links that explain how to apply some of these settings.
- Micorsoft Windows 10 Display Settings
- Microsoft Windows 8 Display Settings
- Microsoft Windows 7 Display Settings
- Apple Mac OS X Display Settings
- Apple iOS Accessibility Settings
- Android Accessibility Settings
- Chrome OS Accessibility Settings
Resolution controls how large text and images appear on your screen. Devices come in a range of sizes and aspect ratios. Similarly, users have a range of preferences about the size of text and the amount of scrolling they are comfortable with.
- If text and images are too small, try switching to a lower display resolution. The lowest resolution that can be used to view Apex Learning content is 960 x 768 pixels.
- If you want to see more content at once, you may want to switch to a higher display resolution. Apex Learning recommends a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
Color depth controls the number of colors a computer monitor will display. Low color depths display fewer colors and less detail. High color depths display more colors and greater detail.
- Apex Learning requires a color depth of at least 8 bits - sometimes listed as 256 colors.
- Apex Learning recommends a color depth of at least 16 bits - sometimes listed as high color or thousands of colors.
- Some computers support 24 bit or 32 bit color depths - sometimes listed as true color or millions of colors. Apex Learning content can be displayed using higher color depths.