A suitable Internet connection is required. This connection must have appropriate bandwidth taking into account:
- Current bandwidth utilization
- The number of concurrent users and varying usage habits
- Other network applications - such as VOIP
- Varying usage habits
Network administrators can contact Support to obtain a worksheet that uses Microsoft methodology to estimate how much bandwidth will be utilized by Apex Learning solutions.
Firewalls, content filters, and other network infrastructure must allow connections to the following ports and domains:
- Port TCP/80 (All listed domains)
- Port TCP/ 443 (All listed domains)
- A defined set of 3rd party URLs (provided upon request)
HTTP 1.1 Support
Apex Learning supports HTTP 1.1 (RFC 2616). This protocol is optional, but recommended.
Proxies sending HTTP 1.1 requests must be either compliant or conditionally compliant with RFC 2616. If a non-compliant proxy cannot be made compliant, then connections to Apex Learning courses must either:
- Bypass the proxy
- Use only the HTTP 1.0 protocol
Apex Learning supports HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) to provide encrypted communication and secure identification.
The following domains must not be cached:
The following domains may be cached but should be refreshed weekly: